ISPConfig Install Script

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by dclardy, Mar 17, 2011.

1. dclardy

dclardy Member

I have updated the script, and I have moved it to Github. I am not seeing any errors when I run it, but it could still use some testing.

The script now prompts users for options. Please type this correctly. I have not placed any error checking at this time. This will be something else that needs to be done to the script.

To me, the script is much cleaner. It has more options (Dovecot and Courier). I will be adding MyDNS as well (possibly others). You can choose to install Quota and Jailkit or not. That is up to you. Everything is pretty easy to understand.

It can be found here: https://github.com/dclardy64/ISPConfig-3-Debian-Installer

I am hoping to add other distributions to this script as well. I am not sure on a time frame for that, but I would like to add them.

Let me know any questions that you have, I will try to answer them.

Installation instructions can be found in the README and Github.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  2. Niels

Niels New Member

I have tried it on a debian 5 server and it looks good :) I was saving so much time now to build a server

3. dclardy

dclardy Member

I am glad that it helped out. I am going to start working on the other script that will allow you to choose the mail and nameserver of your choice.

Does anyone know how to install quota on an openvz vps? I don't think that it is possible, but I wanted to be sure.

4. dclardy

dclardy Member

I am in the process of updating this script. This one allows you to change the mail server. It will allow you to change the nameserver software as well. Does ISPConfig still support MyDNS?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, although we recommend to use BIND.

6. dclardy

dclardy Member

I have updated the script, and I have moved it to Github. I am not seeing any errors when I run it, but it could still use some testing.

The script now prompts users for options. Please type this correctly. I have not placed any error checking at this time. This will be something else that needs to be done to the script.

To me, the script is much cleaner. It has more options (Dovecot and Courier). I will be adding MyDNS as well (possibly others). You can choose to install Quota and Jailkit or not. That is up to you. Everything is pretty easy to understand.

It can be found here: https://github.com/dclardy64/ISPConfig-3-Debian-Installer

I am hoping to add other distributions to this script as well. I am not sure on a time frame for that, but I would like to add them.

Let me know any questions that you have, I will try to answer them.

Installation instructions can be found in the README and Github.

Mods:

Any chance of getting a sticky for this?

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Done! :)

8. dclardy

dclardy Member

Thanks. I love ISPConfig, and I just want to make it easier for people to use. Hopefully, people will be less scared to take the jump with this script.

9. cholesterol

cholesterol New Member

thanks

thanks for the tips, that will be quite useful to me. :) :p

10. wcsing

wcsing Member

Thanks for this script, It do save a lot of time.

I do have a small problem after running the script, The web site that i have created by ISP3 has shown the /var/www/index.html and not the /var/www/clients/client1/tadj.com/web/index.html.

can you give me some idea how to correct it? Thanks.

11. wcsing

wcsing Member

Thanks to Falko. The problem solved by putting in a local ip on the IPV4 at the sites of ISP3.

12. dclardy

dclardy Member

I am in the process of updating this script to include the new NginX config, and I can use some testers. Please try the latest version on a test box and let me know any issues that you have.

I have added NginX, and I will be adding the mailman section as well.

13. dclardy

dclardy Member

I have been working on the script some lately, and I cleaned it up a whole lot to make it easier. I have gotten all of the prompts out at this time besides the ones where you have to manually enter common names.

I have also added Mailman support. It should be good to go. Please test it out.

Does anyone want to help me add CentOS support? I am not very familiar with it, and there are some things that appear to be much different.

14. Moundy

Moundy New Member

Everything fine

Hi, everything works fine but there are two errors while the installing, but i think thats not a big problem.

And in your script is there a webmail software? Coz roundcube isn't installed.

The only problem i see is a quota problem: There are no HD quotas for users shown in the webinterface, but i'm searching for a soulotion.

ps: sorry for my bad (german) english :-D

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  15. dclardy

dclardy Member

I will look into these errors. For the webmail, I am installing squirrelmail, but it might not be working right. I will look into that as well.

16. nokia80

nokia80 Member

hi all

i have squeeze debian en get this error any ideas??

: No such file or directory!/bin/bash
    : command not foundline 7:
    'ebian_install.sh: line 137: syntax error near unexpected token `{
    'ebian_install.sh: line 137: `debian_install_basic (){
    root@debian:/tmp/Installer#

thanks

17. dclardy

dclardy Member

Everything should be working fine. Let me run it on a blank VM to see any errors that might be there.

Do you have bash or dash as default?

If you have bash as default, run bash debian_install.sh.

18. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you meaned :)

If you have dash as default, run bash debian_install.sh.

19. dclardy

dclardy Member

Till,

I think you are right. I don't use dash, but I have tested the script and it works as intended. I found one issue with Fail2Ban Config that I have pushed to the repo.

20. dclardy

dclardy Member

I have added Ubuntu support to this now. I used the latest how-to from Falko to get it working. I have also cleaned up the Debian install some. I will be working more on it in the next few weeks.