ispconfig interface problem from server & pop and imap server offline.

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pawan, Mar 8, 2016.

1. pawan

pawan Member

I can access the ispconfig interface from another pc but not the server itself. strange!
    POP and IMAP server showing offline

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that pop and imap service are listening on localhost too.

3. pawan

pawan Member

Hi Till
    Kindly elaborate how do I do that?

4. till

Check it e.g. with netstat:

netstat -tap | grep pop

and

netstat -tap | grep imap

5. pawan

pawan Member

It doesn't give any output.
    What next?

6. till

Then imap and pop service are not running. Try to start dovecot or courier (depends on what you installed, but most likely it is dovecot).

7. pawan

pawan Member

Hi Till I think there is some problem with dovecot setup and needs to be repaired.
    Code:
    root@server1:/home/pawan# service dovecot start
    dovecot start/running, process 4153
    root@server1:/home/pawan# netstat -tap | grep imap
    root@server1:/home/pawan# service dovecot status
    dovecot stop/waiting
    root@server1:/home/pawan#

Even after dovecot service start the command netstat -tap | grep imap doesn't give any output.
    Also mail.err log shows like this
    Code:
    Mar  9 13:52:40 server1 postfix/proxymap[4287]: error: open /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf: Permission denied
    Mar  9 13:52:40 server1 postfix/proxymap[4287]: error: open /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf: Permission denied
    Mar  9 13:52:40 server1 postfix/proxymap[4287]: error: open /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf: Permission denied

8. till

Yes, the dovecot config seems to be broken so that it can't start. Please take a look at the mail log file, maybe there you can find some dovecot errors.

9. pawan

pawan Member

I have added the mail.err log errors in the same post.
    how to repair dovecot config?

10. till

That are no dovecot errors, check the mail.log, not mail.err for error from dovecot and not postfix.

11. pawan

pawan Member

Hi Till I have copied over the whole folders for dovecot and postfix from old installation and backed the new folder. Now dovecot is running properly.
    Code:
    root@server1:/home/pawan# netstat -tap | grep pop
    tcp        0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN      1282/dovecot   
    tcp        0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN      1282/dovecot 
    POP3 and IMAP service is also showing online.
    The problem now I am facing is
    1. I am not able to login to mailboxes using roundcube. it Fails.
    2. I am not able to login to ISPCONFIG interface from the server pc itself but can login from another PC.

12. till

The problem is that you have overridden the password with your copy action, so postfix and dovecot can't access the database with the login anymore now. to fix that, download the ispconfig tar.gz again, run the update.php script in the install folder and let the updater reconfigure the services.

13. pawan

pawan Member

Thanks Till that worked perfectly for mail login.
    But the problem mentioned in point 2 still persist that is I am not able to login in to ispconfig in server pc itself but only from another pc.
    Even when I am typing https://server1.mywebsolutions.co.in:8080 the page for login screen is not showing up.

14. till

maybe you have a wrong record in the /etc/hosts file, so that the local access points to a wrong IP? Or your pc is behind a NAT router and this router blocks access to the external IP, in this case, try to use the internal IP.

15. pawan

pawan Member

Thanks