ISPconfig IP Setting

Discussion in 'General' started by Donno, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Donno

Donno Member

Hi,
    Is there a setting in ISPConfig to change ispconfig.vhost IP address that it listens to, to localhost.
    From
    Code:
     Listen 8080
    NameVirtualHost *:8080

<VirtualHost _default_:8080>
    To this
    Code:
     Listen 8080
    NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:8080

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:8080>
    Without having to manual do it after each upgrade or resync ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No.

You don't have to manually edit that file after updates if you implemented you change by using the conf-custom config file overrides in ISPConfig.

3. Donno

Donno Member

Hi Till thanks for the reply. This is only for ispconfig.vhost not my other vhost's.
    If i understand correctly you take the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf and copy them to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom ?
    If so i only see a vhost.conf.master and that is for all sites.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Copy the file install/tpl/apache_ispconfig.vhost.master from ispconfig tar.gz file to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ folder and edit it.

5. Donno

Donno Member

I copied and edit the file and done a ispconfig_update.sh --force
    Interestingly the ispconfig setup gave me a new option
    Code:
    Do you want to rename these conf-custom templates now so the default templates are used? (yes,no) [no]:
    After update i saw my /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost has been change to the new custom config.
    Thank you Till, this has opened up new possibilities for me and hope others will find this post useful.

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'm wondering, why only listen on localhost?

7. Donno

Donno Member

So all domains on server don't access panel on port 8080 use proxy to panel.example.com to access ISPConfig panel

8. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You could also close port 8080 in the firewall, so if the vhost changes for any other reason (for example when we update the CSP), you don't have to apply this manually.