ISPConfig IRC

Discussion in 'General' started by ptiggerdine, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ptiggerdine

ptiggerdine New Member

Hi everyone,

A few of us have started using #ispconfig on freenode to chat about various thing related to ISPConfig. Feel free to drop in and say hello. We'll do our best to answer your questions. server details below.

IRC Server: irc.freenode.net
    channel: #ispconfig

At some stage we would ask for this be considered at the official IRC channel and hence with the blessing of the developers we would register the channel in accordance with freenode rules.

Tell us what you think of this?

Regards,

Peter Tiggerdine
    Interested obverser.

2. patrick_

patrick_ New Member

( #ispconfig ): unable to join channel ( invite only )

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

look at the post date.

4. patrick_

patrick_ New Member

yes i know its very old post

though, i want to push this topic :p

who owns the channel? maybe someone who reads this forum.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This IRC channel is no official channel from the ispconfig project and not used by the ispconfig developers.

6. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

Bumping this old old topic..
    is there still not an IRC channel anywhere?

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, because we have this forum, and in my opinion it doesn't make sense to maintain two support channels (forum + IRC).

8. Cadavre

Cadavre ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

IMO it's a good way to have chats about development of ispconfig. I think there should atleast be a channel for the developers to discuss certain stuff at times.

Forums and email conversations is for support, general talk and/or development talk on IRC for fast(er) responses.

That's just my opinion though.

9. nveid

nveid ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

If it means anything, I've been hanging out in the irc channel a lot lately.
    I for one, would really like having a central irc communication channel. I'm mostly doing development on my own in the dark here, be nice to do development in a communication channel with other developers more lively talking about the project.

(EDIT: I noticed this is also ISPConfig2 forums however.. I'm using ISPConfig3)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

11. yanger

yanger New Member

per topical group listings ( http://freenode.net/topical_groups.shtml ) an unofficial irc channel can be made @ ##ispconfig for unofficial talk and discussion in regards to ispconfig. it's logical for #ispconfig to be banned/invite only since the devs and main people prefer the forums.

of course, it's at your own risk, as there would be no offical devs there, or true owners, so if ##ispconfig does exist, you can try it, but probably with no true solution unless the people @ the channel do the work for you and search the forums/documentation... which is kinda redundant..