ISPConfig Linux Disti

Discussion in 'General' started by oliverm, Jul 8, 2007.

1. oliverm

oliverm New Member

Hi chaps,

Does anyone know of a disti that comes with ISPConfig that is setup for people to run a small webserver ?

I want to give my friends some website accounts, and using a disti that is geared around doing that with ISPConfig running 'out of the box' would be perfect.

Olly

2. AlArenal

AlArenal New Member

I don't know of any such distribution.

The usual way is to carefully read and act after one of HowToForge's great Perfect Setup tutorials, which should cover most of the current distributions.

3. heymrdj

heymrdj Member

The easiest way of getting "out of the box" systems is to have VMPlayer or VMServer and load an image that someone has made. I believe these will come around more when ISPConfig 3.0 is released, because its advanced install scripts will make the config hassle that ISPConfig 2.0 has a thing of the past. If you have VMWare on your server and can load VM images, pm me, and I'll see what I could do about making a ready to run image. Or get a howtoforge membership and download one of the Perfect Setup VM images. They have one on near every type of OS :). I really only deal with Debian Sarge and Etch, and Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn. I'm just starting to try CentOS and Fedora Core ISPConfigs. But "typically" I find the Red Hat based OS's a little more bloaty, but a little more stable. Debian runs very lean with a full ISPConfig install, but I notice it can be a bit unstable at times and be subject to crashing.

Also the Red Hat's (CentOS and Fedora) support wireless NIC's. That's aplus for me, cause I don't like running a 20ft cable across the floor from my router to my dev server.