ispconfig mail quota

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Thomas H, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Thomas H

Thomas H New Member

Hi!
    I am preparing an ISPConfig server, and have a question about the mail quota system. I would like to be able to set a general quota of 1 GB for each mail domain, that the client can use and distribute among the mailboxes as s/he wishes. This would be practical, as the client does not have to redistribute the total mail quota between the mailboxes as soon as one mailbox grows in size.
    I tried to implement this through setting the general mail quota for a test customer to 1024 MB. However, I could then not set the individual mailbox quota to -1 for the three test mailboxes (so that all mailboxes could grow up to a total sum of 1024 MB used disk space).
    Is it possible to achieve what I want, and in that case how can I do it?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Best wishes,
    Thomas

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Quota is implemented on a per mailbox basis in dovecot. The client email quota is a virtual quota that ispconfig uses to ensure that the sum of mailbox quotas that a client enters into the mailbox details does not exceed the overall client quota. So when you enter -1 in a mailbox, then this means that the quota is only limited by the disk size of your server.