ispconfig mail rules... can we deliver mail to a subfolder of INBOX??

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, Apr 1, 2024.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have mail that I'm getting tired of manually moving to a subfolder and was wondering.
    if I get emails from say CRAIGSLIST and I want to have it delivered to the CRAIGSLIST folder under INBOX is this possible?
    I see the content filter with actions like DUNNO WARN REDIRECT but I dont see where these actions are defined? might one of them be used for the purpose above?
    hope you all had a good holiday!
    cdb.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must use mailbox (sieve) filters for that. See 'Mail Filter' tab of a mailbox.

3. craig baker

got it! thanks as always!

4. craig baker

I created an EBAY folder under Inbox and added this mail rule:
    name EBAY
    source FROM
    ebay.com
    action MOVE TO
    EBAY

but now messages from ebay.com (i get them every day) are being discarded - the EBAY folder has nothing since end of march!
    where would I look to see why they are being discarded?
    folder EBAY does exist UNDER INBOX - not as a separate folder. that seemed to be according to the Great Ispconfig Manual!

5. craig baker

never mind I think I needed DOMAIN not FROM for ebay.com. I'll see if that works!

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please take a screenshot of the filter you created and post it or copy the filter you created from custom filter field. Imap folders on a server are under Inbox of your mail client, that's not ISPConfig specific btw. if you want to move emails to local folders of your mail client instead of an imap folder, then you must create filter rule in your mail client as your server can not move files to the harddisk of your desktop as it has no access to your desktops harddisk.

7. craig baker

I spoke too soon. emails are going into the zone! here is the EBAY filter. there is a folder under INBOX called EBAY and its an imap folder :)
    update just got some emails from ebay.com that are in my inbox. hmm.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 110133.png