ispconfig mailing that server is down, it isn't...

Discussion in 'General' started by id10t, Nov 20, 2008.

1. id10t

id10t Member

OK... so ISPConfig is sending mail every 15 minutes saying the apache service isn't running on an IP. It is though...

During setup, ISPConfig bound to both IPs I have. Since then I've reconfigured it so that hosted sites are served from one ip (the one being reported down) and ISPConfig is being served from the second IP (with SSL on 443). Everything is working fine, but... the email is annoying. And I'd rather it send mail when things really are broken, so just ignoring the messages coming isn't a good solution either.

Any ideas?

2. id10t

id10t Member

Solved it! Amazing what lunch and a soda can do for your brain...

Anyway, in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell the services_check.php script checks for localhost connectivity. That is what sends cron job emails. Changed it to point to the IP I have apache listening on and ran the script, no mail.

The script that controls the "services" tab in the web interface was also reporting it down, although that is the IP that I have "available" to host sites on elsewhere in the config. Assuming that it too was checking localhost, I simply re-edited my /etc/apache2/ports.conf file and have apache2 listening on the one IP and on localhost. No more red there either!