ISPconfig Monitor App showing MySQL is offline while it is not

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by LotNoMore, Apr 26, 2017.

1. LotNoMore

LotNoMore Member

Hi, I just purchase ISPconfig monitor app from Google Play Store. After entering these in ports field: 21,22,80,110,443,3306 - with the last port for MariaDB/MySQL. But after setting up the app, its shows all other services are online except for MySQL while it is obviously running (ISPconfig panel also shows Mysqlserver is online).
    Why? I understand MariaDB is the server for MySQL, right?
    If 3306 is not the right port for MariaDB/MySQL, what else?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It might be that your mysql port is closed from outside, so that it can't be reached from the app.

3. LotNoMore

LotNoMore Member

OK Till, thanks for the hint. Yes I had the bind set to 127.0.0.1 which was localhost only.

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A suggestion for the app: I don't ever leave mysql open to the internet, and I would hate to do so simply to monitor if mysql is up or not; vpn's are an obvious available solution to that (ie. connect/test over a vpn connection), but the app could also be made to make an ssh connection and port forward to mysql to solve the same scenario. (connect as a non-privileged account, and port forward to 127.0.0.1:3306)

5. LotNoMore

LotNoMore Member

Good suggestion. Looking forward to improvements for the next version of the monitor app.