ISPConfig moved my sites to another IPSConfig user!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ethraza, Sep 26, 2015.

1. ethraza

ethraza New Member

Hi,
    Yesterday I went to ISPConfig, as admin, just to add a new path to my client1\web4 domain's open_basedir. I added the path and hit save.
    So all my client1 sites went down... I got desperate trying to find out what was happening... Running the server.sh by hand was showing the message that it was still running. About 40 min later I decided to kill the IPSConfig scripts (probably a poor choice). After that I saw it was moving all my client1 webs to client0, but probably because I killed the scripts, all the web folders where empty. I saw it has backaups of webs under client0 folder, so I mv the webX_ backups to webX and everything started to come back to a working state.
    I still got some hours after that, find out scripts that where pointing to /vaw/www/client1 and the all FTP users that lost their custom home paths, probably because ISPConfig reseted then to the default when changed it from client1 to client0.
    Now everything seens to be working fine again, but on ISPConfig, all sites/db/configs/everything that now belongs to client0 has no client for real, because client0 does not exists as an ISPConfig user. And the old user that was client1, just vanished. (The client1 was the only user we had setted as revendor, if that metters)
    So the problem is I don't know if I can change something on ISPConfig domain again or this lack of a real user will make ISPConfig do something crazy again.
    We totally lost the confidence in playing with ISPConfig, it is in quarentene for we here... nobody touch it till we find it safe again, because client1 was a special one, was our own client where all our online system runs. They are not ordianry webpages, each web directory have lots of gigabytes, because that ruge sizes ISPConfig looked freeze when moving between clients.

Now I'm seeking for some advise, some word of confort or enething else that helps me understand what just happened, if I can touch ISPConfig sites that has this client0, and helps me to trust ISPConfig again.

Any help apreciated.
    Thank you.

---
    Environment:
    ISPConfig: 3.0.5.4p8 (master)
    OS: Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS (Linux 2.6.32-74-server #142-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 28 10:12:19 UTC 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux) - Latest updates

Package: apache2
    Priority: optional
    Section: httpd
    Installed-Size: 36
    Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <[email protected]>
    Architecture: amd64
    Version: 2.2.14-5ubuntu8.15

Package: php5
    Priority: optional
    Section: php
    Installed-Size: 20
    Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <[email protected]>
    Architecture: all
    Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.30

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You don't have to add any client users at all, client0 is the admin user and a site can be owned by the admin. ISPConfig has not changed or removed the client1 on your system, this has been done by an admin as ISPConfig does not contoan aby code that could change or remove a client on its own. If you want to knwo when and which user removed client1, then take a look at the sys_datalog table, all actions performed by a client or admin are logged there incl. timestamp.

3. ethraza

ethraza New Member

Hi, first of all, thank you for your time.
    I just found an entry in the sys_datalog that shows the client_id:1 being deleted at Sep/23. All the problens of sites being moved to admin, happened at Sep/26.

So now, a hard question:
    It is possible that someone
    1- deleted the client_1 at Sep/23
    2- choose to not delete the sites but move then to admin instead (don't remember if that option even exists)
    3- this changes got some how pending, till I went at Sep/26 and changed an option in one of this deleted user's domain and trigged the mv stuff
    ?

ps. We are 3 people that all use the admin user (another poor decision). :(

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015