ISPConfig MultiServer DB will Not Connect to Newly Migrated ISPConfig Webserver

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by reason8, Aug 3, 2017.

1. reason8

reason8 Member

Hello and good day.
    I just migrated my old ISPConfig (Opensuse) to ISPConfig (Ubuntu).
    After, working with the migration team, we resolved the issue.
    However, my DB server will not connect to the new ISPConfig (Ubuntu) Server.
    I followed the ISPConfig Multiserver setup. And the separate DB Server and Webserver were communicating just fine.
    Can someone help me with this please?

2. Tuumke

Tuumke Active Member

Is the DB server old opensuse? Still not getting what your setup (old and new) is..

3. reason8

reason8 Member

Hi.
    The DB Server is running opensuse 13.1.
    The new Webserver is running ubuntu 17

The Current Production Web and DB server are running Opensuse 13.1
    The newly migrated Web server (not in production due to lack of DB Server) is running Ubuntu 17.

4. Tuumke

Tuumke Active Member

Does the DB server have permission on the ISPConfig server?
    If you look up the multiserver setup tutorial, you have to grant the hostname and ip adress rights on the ISPConfig server.
    Code:
    CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.0.106' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.0.106' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;
    Replace 192.168.0.106 with the IP of the database server AND with the fqdn of the DB server. Replace myrootpassword with the root password of mysql
    This has to be done on the ISPConfig server.

5. reason8

reason8 Member

Because it's not connecting, probably not.
    However, i just completed the ISPConfig migration using their Migration tool.
    All settings should have been xfered over to the target web server (I think, not sure. Migration support told me to post my issue here).
    Additionally, the target webserver did not have the DB server listed after the migration (Ispconfig System -> Servers).
    Although, it was/is on the source web server.
    Additionally, when setting up the target server, I used different host IP.
    But once the migration was complete, I changed the host IP on the target to the actual IP of the original web server.
    Then turned apache and mysql off on the old webserver.
    I'm wondering if I need to run the ISPConfig expert mode installer.
    But when I execute the upgrade script, it tells me to run the full install.
    The full install does not show the expert mode option.
    I appreciate your help and insight.

6. Tuumke

Tuumke Active Member

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You migrated a single web, mail and DB server and this migration was successfully completed. You did not migrate a slave DB server as far as I know. You can not connect an existing slave DB server to your new master server, you will have to migrate the DB server as well.

The steps are:

1) Install a new DB server and connect it to the new master.
    2) Run the migration tool on the old db server, let it connect to the new master server, it will show you all available DB servers then that can be used as target for the databases, select the new DB server here and let the tool import the databases.

Btw. The reason why we referred you to the forum is that you asked the migration support on how to install ISPConfig on a new DB server and that's not related to the migration.