Ispconfig Multiserver - Multiple Mail Servers

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by fatmike, Oct 11, 2017.

1. fatmike

fatmike Member

Hello.
    I'm trying to achieve the following installation.
    1 server Web/Database/ISPConfig
    2 DNS/mail servers
    I don't want to use the second mail server as failover. I want to be able to assign a mailserver to some websites and the rest to the other.

Eg. trusted websites using server 1 while possible abusive/spam websites using the second.

I only installed the main server so far using the guide from the manual. Setting up postfix as a satellite and mail server as the first mailserver. Same goes for round cube.

Is what I am trying even possible with ISPConfig?

Kind Regards.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sure, you can have as many mail, web and dns servers in an ispconfig multiserver system as you want (ok, not really any number, but technically about 1.2 million :) ). All you have to do is to choose expert mode during ISPConfig installation on the slave servers and choose to join the master server when the ISPConfig installer asks.

3. fatmike

fatmike Member

OK. But how can I achieve this?
    Lets say that the main server is server1.domain.com
    #1 Mail server is server2.domain.com
    #2 Mail server is server3.domain.com

According to manual when setting up the main server when installing postfix I should choose "Configuration type: Satellite System" and set a "Smart Relay Host" as the mail server (in my example server2.domain.com).
    Should I add the second mail server as "Smart Relay Host" too?
    If yes how?

Additionally how to add the same functionality in roundcube?

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. Just add the first one.

When you install RoundCube on each email server, then your customer that is hosted on that mail system can access it there.