ISPConfig MYSQL connection error at ISPConfig Login

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cyelinek, Jan 13, 2007.

1. cyelinek

cyelinek New Member

When logginng on to ISPConfig I encountered this error:

Browser Output:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 60

[End of Browser Output]

I have went into the specified file and manually entered the database user and password in the labeled feilds and then restarted ISPConfig without success.

What should I do next.

Thanks

2. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

Did you use any special character in your root password?

3. cyelinek

cyelinek New Member

my user name is cyelinek not [email protected]

I am unsure as to why ISPConfig thinks the database username is root it is cyelinek Any ideas as to why and how to fix it and yes I have a . in my root password but that should be irelivent since ISPConfig doesn't use root to gain access to the database or it shouldn't according to the way I installed it.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And you are sure that you entered cyelinek as mysql username in the installer? Also make sure that the user cyelinek has the same priveliges then the mysql root user and that the database name that you eneterd in the ISPConfig installer does not exist as database.

5. cyelinek

cyelinek New Member

The username is correct

The username is cyelinek. Can I reinstall ISPCOnfig without loosing all my data?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You should use the MySQL root user for ISPConfig. Please change it in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/config.inc.php.

7. cyelinek

cyelinek New Member

This file is not in the specified location

This file is not in the specified directory. Where can I find it? Also will this reset all my settings?

Thanks

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Falko meant:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

No, this will not reset any settings.

9. cyelinek

cyelinek New Member

Sucess Thank You

Thank you very much that worked great.