ISPConfig nameserver only?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Alexander Janssen, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Alexander Janssen

Alexander Janssen New Member

Hi

I'm in the process of establishing a new nameserver infrastructure for our company and ISPConfig got my attention. Is it perhaps possible to install/use ISPConfig with only using it's DNS features? I don't need the whole mailing setup that is also included with ISPConfig.

Thanks for any info.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats possible, just install the apache (or nginx), mysql and php installation part plus the bind install chapter from perfect server guide, then install ispconfig and choose expert mode during installation. In expert mode you can chosoe which services shall be configured. in your case, configure just webserver (which is required for the ispconfig interface) and dns.

3. Alexander Janssen

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

4. Alexander Janssen

Hm, I'm having a problem. I followed the instructions correctly (well, obviously I did something wrong, else I wouldn't have this problem.) but when I open the webpage of ISPConfig, I'm getting the index.html page from /var/www/html instead of ISPconfig.

I already had apache2 installed before installing ISPconfig, maybe the fault lies there? Is there a quick fix?

Many thanks.

5. till

And you opened really port 8080 https?

6. Alexander Janssen

Yes, positive.

7. till

Is the apache fcgi module installed and enabled?

8. Alexander Janssen

Hi

Yeah, it seems something went wrong with the installation of the fcgi module, that made the site reachable. However, now I'm getting what seems to be some database errors? I have no idea where this came from.

Attached Files:

9. Alexander Janssen

I thought, maybe I was mistakne with the mysql pw but I am not, I tested it before (mysql -p, input my pw) and then I used that one for the install (I did an uninstall and an install again).

And on sidenote, I can log into mysql just fine with ispconfig user and pw

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  10. Alexander Janssen

Reverted to a snapshot and did a reinstall. Maybe something went wrong with the order that I previously did it, and now it works just fine.