ISPConfig newbie

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lwizardl, Sep 4, 2006.

1. lwizardl

lwizardl New Member

Hi this is my first time setting up a real server not just a modded xbox running gentoox (Gentoo linux for xbox). I have the pdf file printed for ISPConfig and I'm not seeing how to get this working correctly.

I have a site registered with godaddy.com and wanting to run my own dns server in-house. What I'm trying to do is exactly this

I'm running a Ubuntu 6.06 LTS server used the howtoforge.com perfect guide.

sites needs to allow for PHP (going to be using DragonFly CMS), MySQL, Emails, Mailing Lists, etc.

EMAILS:
    firstname.lastname@
    info@
    webmaster@
    listserv@
    mailinglists@

If someone wanted to help me with this I do have AIM, my screen name is "collectorarcade"

James Davis

2. torusturtle

torusturtle Member

Hi James

Please read the manual that ships with ISPConfig. Try to configure all your stuff and if there are questions please write us the exact problem you're having.

ISPconfig is a great application, take your time to get to know it.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

4. lwizardl

lwizardl New Member

ok this is what i have setup so far maybe i just missed something? I did use the Ubuntu 6.06 Perfect setup guide by falko

also when i do a apache reload i get a warning about not having any virtualhosts
    /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload
    * Forcing reload of apache 2.0 web server... [Wed Sep 06 09:06:13 2006] [warn] NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 has no VirtualHosts
    [Wed Sep 06 09:06:14 2006] [warn] NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 has no VirtualHosts
    [ ok ]

created a Client named James Davis (me) and made 3 hosting packages (Bronze, Silver, Gold) then created a site here are the settings (minus real ip's etc)

note [ ] stands for either blank or unchecked

server: RedServer
    hostname: www
    domain: sitename.net

ip address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (given to me from isp)
    create DNS [x]
    create DNS-MX [x]

shell access [x]
    cgi scripts [x]
    standard cgis [x]
    php scripts [x]
    php safe mode [x]
    ssi [x]
    ftp access [x]
    mysql [x]
    number of databases [5]
    ssl [x]
    anonymous ftp [ ]
    anon. ftp mb [-1]
    wap [x]
    individual error pages [x]
    mailuser login [x]
    apache directives (optional) [ ]

User & Email
    created a user

Co-Domains
    ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx hostname: [ ] sitename.net
    ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx hostname: mail mail.sitename.net

SSL
    Province: Michigan
    Town: Battle Creek
    Company: sitename
    department: web
    validity (days): 365
    ssl request: [ ]
    ssl certificate: [ ]
    action: [ ]

Options
    i created a database here

I would give the real ips and such but without this being fully configure and such I don't want to give any prying eye even more of an open floodgate to say hack me.

what did I miss on the locations of where the sites are? becuase it auto makes a folder in /var/www called web1 with a folder called web for me to store the site into but when i upload the site to it and go to the domain url sitename.net it just brings up the default directory listing of /var/www

James

aim its collectorarcade

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  5. lwizardl

lwizardl New Member

bump

no one has any ideas ?

james

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is your server behind a router? Then you must select the internal IP for the website, not the external IP address.

7. lwizardl

lwizardl New Member

isp

yeah i have a router the ip on the server box is set as static 192.168.1.9

i have ports 22,25,43,53,80,81 forwarded to the server box 192.168.1.9
    and If you go to my domain url it just brings you to the drectory list for /var/www

james

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check your httpd configuration file and make sure that the Vhost_ispconfig.conf file is included at the end of the file. It may happen that a update from your linux distribution had removed it.

9. lwizardl

lwizardl New Member

ispconfig

yes it was listed without a # in front. I just give up on ispconfig i'm going back to webmin.

thanks.

james

10. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can ignore this for now.
    What's the output of
    Code:
    ifconfig
    and what's in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf? I guess you're using the wrong IP addresses.

11. brayton82

brayton82 New Member

I believe I had this same problem

During the ISPConfig install it asked for my IP at which time I used my public IP. Then when I created a new domain it used that IP. I also have my server behind a router and had all necessary ports forwarded. I then added the internal IP of my server into the list of IPs (Management --> Server --> Settings). I then changed the ip for each of the domains I had created to use the internal IP instead of the public IP and they started working. I also created DNS's for each of the domains and on those I used the public IP. Now all of my domains are working properly and even my sub-domains (co-domains).

Hope this helps