ISPConfig not listed by Server in System State

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by NeonTigerUK, Mar 13, 2018.

1. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi All,

I am running a multi-server setup, master server running Debian 8 I've just added a Debian 9 Server to the setup, the server is showing up, but it is not showing a version of either Debian or ISPConfig, can you please advise?

Screenshot attached (albeit slightly redacted)

I have added PHP7.1 to the server, and the red dot is still showing 3 tasks, I appreciate it may be taking some time, to process that, and I am continuing with adding PHP7.2 and PHP5.6 as they will both be needed. the lack of OS information and ISPConfig version is concerning though.

Attached Files:

2. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

just an update, 7 hours later the updates haven't gone through, now showing 9, due to the 3 from 7.2 and 5.6

going to try changing the default PHP of the server to being 5.6

3. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

hmm, well that didn't turn out as a possibility, I tried
    update-alternatives --config php

no other versions installed :eek:

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If PHP is installed with apt-get, it becomes the new default PHP version. ISPConfig is not yet supported on PHP 7.1 or 7.2, so that may break the setup.
    What did you mean with the last line about "no other version installed"?
    Which guide about additional PHP versions have you followed?

5. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi Taleman

I find your comment about 7.1 / 7.2 not being supported a little strange, I followed the Perfect Server install for Debian 9 - Apache version, to install the server until I got to the add to multi server line. However 7.0 is the default for Debian 9

I followed Till's guide to adding

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-php-7-on-debian/

I looked at the other guide, and it looked so full of holes, I didn't feel I could / should take the risk. Sadly I can't get a Debian 8 server anymore from any of my preferred suppliers :(

the No Other Versions Installed, was the response from running update-alternatives --config php

6. Taleman

ISPConfig itself, the PHP code it consists of, is not supported to run on PHP 7.1 or 7.2. So if you set PHP default version to 7.1 on that host it may well break ISPConfig. The additional PHP versions that can be installed are for the websites.

If update-alternatives does not know about the PHP versions, they are not installed properly. Or maybe the need to be installed with apt-get to end up in the update-alternatives list.
    Code:
    # update-alternatives --config php
    There are 4 choices for the alternative php (providing /usr/bin/php).

Selection    Path             Priority   Status
    ------------------------------------------------------------
      0            /usr/bin/php7.2   72        auto mode
      1            /usr/bin/php5.6   56        manual mode
    * 2            /usr/bin/php7.0   70        manual mode
      3            /usr/bin/php7.1   71        manual mode
      4            /usr/bin/php7.2   72        manual mode

7. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi Taleman

looks that way, however, I've followed Till's guide before, and it always works (at least on Debian 8 servers) so I'm tempted to agree its the apt-get option

is there an apt-get package for 5.6 that isn't on a 3rd party repo? ive been struggling to find one

8. Taleman

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You may install any php version as additional php, no matter if you compile it or use apt, but don't change the default php. updte-alternatives is the way to go to switch the PHP on shall back to the original version. for debian 9, this is php 7.0, so don't switch it to php 5.6 as this will fail too simply because the paths don't match. PHP 7.1 is supported as well, but only if the default php of that distribution is PHP 7.1, so don't choose it for debian 9.

10. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Thanks Till

Any recommendations how to make the Debian 9 server work in my current setup?

11. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

I need this server in production asap, I’ve tried to add a site to it, incase it was struggling with adding the PHP Versions but that is also stuck in the queue :(

12. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Going through the cron.log file there are a lot of errors like the following on the slave

Code:
    Thu Mar 15 06:06:02 CET 2018 PHP Warning:  mysqli_ping() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 198                                      
    Thu Mar 15 06:06:02 CET 2018 PHP Warning:  mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv17'@'78.46.212.170' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 200
    Thu Mar 15 06:06:03 CET 2018 PHP Warning:  mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv17'@'xx.xx.xx.xxx' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 85
    Thu Mar 15 06:06:04 CET 2018 PHP Warning:  mysqli_ping() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 198

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  13. Taleman

Have you followed the instructions I sent in answer number #8? That should help witth getting rid of the red dot and jobs stuck in the queue.

14. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi Taleman,

Not done them, as the tasks need to complete for the server to be serviceable, if I clear them, i’ll only have to re-create the jobs

Tasks to other servers are going through normally, its just tasks on the Debian9 server

15. Taleman

That "Access denied for u ser" is the reason for the red dot. Is this log from the new Debian 9 host or the old?

16. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Debian 9, the new server - i guessed that was the reason - i need to work out how to fix that error, then the jobs should complete

17. Taleman

How would the jobs be cleared? I reread the web pages I linked and I can not see anything about clearing or removing jobs from the queue.

18. Taleman

Are you sure you created the database user and password for that new server correctly in the database? Check by logging in from command line with those users and passwords. I suspect there is the problem.
    I made that mistake also just yesterday and fixed it with PHPMyadmin.

19. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

MySQL on the Debian9 server can be logged in to with the correct password as root

I used the auto generated password in the multi server setup so don’t know what that is

Server.sh on the master server shows no errors

For some reason, can’t connect to Debian9 server using MySQL command line from master server ...
    Wondering if its bound to localhost, but cant find the usual line to change/comment out

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  20. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

update, found the bind-address, it was already commented out