Ispconfig not working.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by veke, Apr 2, 2008.

1. veke

veke New Member

Hi. I've a problem with ispconfig
    I installed , following step-by-step the perfect debian setup here, a virtual server. But at the moment of the installation i didn't got the external ip..

(i think this is not the problem but i like to give more information as possible )

so i decided to install ispconfig. And i did it except for the last 2 questions

1. hostname
    2. domain name

Which i don't have right now.. So i leave the hostname blank and the domain name i put my external ip ( of course no firewall is blocking port 81 )

So .. as ispconfig installation suggests, i tryed to put the url on my browser (not in the same net ) and nothing appeared...

So i tryed via links in localhost and it worked ...

Re-tryed via browser on an external net and nothing appeared.

I decided to launch tcpdump for seeing if some router was blocking me .. but when i browse the url, the request arrives.. but it is not processed or anything else.

How can i fix this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig listens on all IP addresses on port 81. You may use any IP or domain that points to your server to access ISPConfig on port 81. Also make sure that you forwarded port 81 from your router to your ISPConfig server, in case that you use a router and that you opened port 81 in the firewall.