ISPConfig on Cloud Linux

Discussion in 'General' started by fbnewtz, Dec 14, 2010.

1. fbnewtz

fbnewtz New Member

Has anyone setup ISPConfig on a server running Cloud Linux? I have used ISPConfig for several years now and do like it quite a bit, but I would really like to setup a server with Cloud Linux running on there. I know that they have plugins for CPanel and other Control Panels, but I am not exactly sure what the plugin does or how everything needs to interact to make everything run smoothly.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've never tried that.

3. Horfic

Horfic Member

I also never tried it, but I would sugesst just to try it out.

But it should work when all the services can also run normally in the cloud then why not ISPConfig.

ISPConfig is just configuring them. So I would say, should work out of the box.

Maybe you will have todo minor tweaks because of limitations, like for pureftpd in a vroot.

4. fbnewtz

fbnewtz New Member

Alright, well I am in the process of putting together a plan of action for taking my hosting business to the next level. Cloud Linux is definitely something I would really like to take advantage of on our shared servers. There is only a apache module that has to be installed that has to be compatible at some level with the Control Panel on the server. They say it will work with any Control Panel but it might need a little tweaking. If I figure it out I guess I will have to put together a how-to for everyone. Would be great advertising for ISPConfig if we could get it verified as a control panel that is compatible with Cloud Linux.