ISPConfig on Trustix 2.2-

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ctrlchar, Oct 3, 2006.

1. ctrlchar

ctrlchar New Member

I would like to test ISPConfig on Trustix version 2.2-
    When I try to ./setup, It shows:
    Trustix 2.2
    ERROR: Ihr Betriebssystem wird nicht unterstützt! / Your operating system is not supported! / Votre systeme d'exploitation n'est pas supporté!

From what I read, everything says ISPConfig v 2.2.0 started support for Slackware and Trustix.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
    -Drew

2. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

If I get that right from dist.txt in the ispconfig folder, only trustix 3.0 is supported?

What you could do is adding the following lines and change the trustix30 to trustix22 but I don't know if that will cause any problems in later use if trustix 2.2 is not supported:

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

In addition to that, you must also edit the files in the mod/ folder and add a section for Trustix 2.2.

4. lord0815

lord0815 New Member

lol... same Problem for me with SuSE 10.1....

I´ve done the Perfect SuSE Installation How-To from falko, and hopefully started the setup for ISPConfig.... Same Message

Code:
    ./setup
    SuSE 10.1
    ERROR: Ihr Betriebssystem wird nicht unterstützt! / Your operating system is not supported! / Votre systeme d'exploitation n'est pas supporté!

the dist file only contains description vor SuSE100....

So Falko, have i missed to do something of your How-To? Otherwise please put a note in it that 10.1 is not supported yet by default from ISPConfig.

Any hints???

5. lord0815

lord0815 New Member

I have updated the files and inserted some extra lines for suse101 so backward compatibility still exists.

Maybe i should provide the files to the community??

The installation is currently running. Afte succes i can post the files to the ISPConfig Developers? To save their time ;) ?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you want to share the files with the community, please send them by email to dev [at] ispconfig [dot] org :)

7. lord0815

lord0815 New Member

holy mess *gg*

After an failure in install all files got deleted.... aarghh...

But i have to do this again and than i will send them to the devs :)

I think the Error occured because of the missing mysql-devel packege... why this checked doesnt happen before the start?
    i think a check for mysql.h should be enough? or?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats nescessary because the installer moves the files to the target directories, though runningit twice will never work. Make a backup copy of the installer directory before you run the setup script to have a copy of your modified files.