ISPConfig on Ubuntu 22.04

Discussion in 'General' started by Andreas G., May 11, 2022.

1. Andreas G.

Andreas G. New Member

Hi.
    Is there a way to install ispconfig on ubuntu 22.04, even if i install php7.4 it says Exception occured: ISPConfigOSException -> Version 22.04 is not supported for ubuntu

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

i believe you'll need to set php7.4 as the default php version so that ispconfig uses it rather than 8.1.
    just installing it as an additional php version is not enough.

other than that, for the error above, i believe you'll need to look in the install script, find out where it checks for the OS version and release number and change it to allow 22.04
    i've never actually tried to do this, so i can't tell you exactly how or where. note that this also wouldn't be officially supported, and wouldn't be recommended for a production intended install.

3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I do not encourage any trial on it until it is fully supported. If this is encouraged, there will be a lot more questions that will follow on how to make it work before it is supported which this forum does not need. The best is to be patient and wait for it to be supported.

Jesse Norell likes this.
  5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

That's a good point. If you can't troubleshoot and fix things with little to no assistance, it's definitely not for you at this time.

6. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

i sort of agree and disagree.
    newcomers to ispconfig and linux would be better off waiting, but i'd encourage experienced linux admins to test it out, obviously it'll be unsupported, and certainly not for production.
    And whilst it wouldn't be ideal, with running on a different php version to the intended default, it could help identify/locate potential problems with the newer os / app versions, the more people trying it, the more likely any problems are to be found.

ahrasis likes this.
  7. andyhelid

andyhelid New Member

Great, thanks

8. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Basically using php7.4 as temporary default on Ubuntu 22.04 won't help fixing any php issues as ISPConfig is designed to recognize and work only with shipped php as default which is php8.1 for Ubuntu 22.04 but yet to support it at this current time.

That said a beta release could be considered to help ISPConfig bug fixings for Ubuntu 22.04 if necessary.