ISPConfig (One user logged in at a time?)

Discussion in 'General' started by Nap, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Nap

Nap Member

ISPConfig (One user logged in at a time?) [Solved]

I am accessing my Debian LAMP server from a windows work station (all on the same LAN).

I just installed 2.2.7, and went back to the setup I was working on before.
    Under 2.2.6, I was able to have 2 users (admin and a reseller) from the same machine I'm working on.

Now, whenever I perform a transaction on one user, I have to login on the other user before I can change/fix something (and vise versa).

Cheers,
    Nap

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why do you login again as reseller? You can do as admin everything that you can do as reseller, even if the website belongs to a reseller.

3. Nap

Nap Member

Since I'm learning, I am trying to do things from the perspective of the user at the other end.
    For me it helps to understand the impact of actions taken by the admin on the next level.

I am doing the same from reseller/client.

I know that in practice you wouldn't use ISPConfig (or many other applications) in this manner.

Cheers,
    Nap

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This happens because you use the same browser for admin and the reseller. If you used different browsers, you wouldn't have to re-login all the time.

5. Nap

Nap Member

I have been using tabs to do it before, but I've tried having two instances of Firefox open, and the same problems occured.

If I use IE for one session, and Firefox for the other, then it works (but I don't like using IE to be honest).

Cheers,
    Nap

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's what I said in my previous post. There's nothing wrong with this behaviour.

7. Nap

Nap Member

Acknowledged.

Cheers,
    Nap

PS.. would have used 'ok' but I have to use 10 characters minimum.