ISPConfig + Passwd (Horde module)?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by skdb, Jun 15, 2006.

1. skdb

skdb New Member

Hi, just have a small enquiry, has anyone using ISPConfig had any experiance working with the Password changeing Module included in Horde?
    If so, any choice of "Backends" would be greatly appriciated :)

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I dont recommend to use two interfaces at the same time to change mailsuer apsswords. ISPConfig has a mailuser login for changing the password!

The URL is http://www.yourdomain.com:81/mailuser/

Using two different admin packages for managing your user passwords may cause data loss and corruption of ypur password file.

3. skdb

skdb New Member

Data-Curruption would only happen if a User or User + Myself updated the password at the same time.

I honestly didnt realise this fuction was included, that will teach me to wear my glasses ALL the time ;)

But, I still need ONE system for the Users, the main functions they must have are FTP - MAIL - User admin.
    Currently WebFTP does not work with my ISPConfig Installation, otherwise I would have used that with a Webmail Plugin.

Thats why I asked, so if you have any tips for Horde, please, I am all ears :)

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That is not correct. Data corruption may happen when any user changes a password in ISPConfig while any other password is changed in horde at the same time.

5. skdb

skdb New Member

You have miss-understood what I wrote, I need ONE system to handle the Users and Day-to-Day life of my Site, ISP Config will (until WebFTP works) be only used by Myself, and there will be no need for me to alter other Users Passwords once they are created.
    That is for the Users, not the Admin.
    That is what I meant by the Curruption statement.