ISPConfig + PHP-FPM

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ruliezz, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

Hi All,

I discover that PHP-PFM in ISPConfig is not PHP-PFM but its PHP-FASTCGI. It here any reason for that?
    Well, I have installed a additional PHP version in my new installed ISPConfig but only PHP-FastCGI is working. PHP-FPM not. Probably I do something wrong or does ISPConfig only support PHP-FastCGI?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

PHP-FPM in ISPConfig is PHP-FPM and not PHP-FCGI. I guess you mix up apache module names as they are quite similar:

mod_fcgi = PHP-FCGI
    mod_fastcgi = PHP-FPM

So if you find something about mod_fastcgi in the vhost, then this vhost is using php-fpm (you can see that in the phpinfo output as well btw) and if your custom PHP version is not working in FPM mode, then the custom PHP has probably notbeen installed correctly.

3. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

well, I see this in my vhost:
    FCGIWrapper /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web1/.php-fcgi-starter .php

4. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

I select my PHP56 PHP-FPM but still ISPConfig put this in the vhost:

Action php5-fcgi /php5-fcgi virtual
    Alias /php5-fcgi /var/www/clients/client1/web2/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80

5. till

Fine, so everything is working correctly. The line that you posted in #2 is PHP-FCGI and the lines you posted in #3 is PHP-FPM. Like I said, you can see the difference in the output of the phpinfo() function.

6. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

PHP is compiled with PHP-FPM so that must be fine. It sames that ISPConfig doesnot change the vhost correctly.

7. till

The vhost snippets you posted above are correct for the two PHP modes, so if the above appeared in the vhost file then there iare no issues with the vhost config. That you compiled PHP with fpm does not nescessarily mean that it is working correctly. Or you do not have mod_fastcgi installed.

Which Linux Distribution do you use?