ISPconfig Postfix transport map

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Alexander Foti, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Alexander Foti

Alexander Foti Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all
    Running latest version of ISPconfig 3 here
    I have been having issues with Hotmail/outlook blacklisting my IP for no reason, so I have had to relay emails for certain users through a smart host.
    I have a requirement that domain1.com goes through smarthost1.com and other domains dont. I have achieved this successfully with
    sender_dependent_relayhost_maps parameter in postfix.
    This works to send all emails from domain1.com to smarthost1.com

Now I need to limit this to only route emails destined for hotmail.com/outlook.com through this smarthost. Normally I would do this with transport_maps but I see that ispconfig has a few configuration entries in here already.

Is it possible to do this through the web interface, or am I OK to add an additional transport map on the end of the ones listed in main.cf already?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can add transports in ISPConfig, see the transport option in the mail module, or you add your own custom transports map, that's up to you. In case that you add your own map, then copy the postfix config template from install/tpl/ folder of the ispconfig targ.gz file to the folder /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ and modify that as well, this makes your changes update safe.

3. Alexander Foti

OK so I tried that and It didn't work.

I have sender_dependent_relayhost_maps configured as:
    @domain1.com [smtp.smarthost1.com]

This works well and sends all emails from @domain1.com through to the smarthost.

if I then add a transport map:
    @hotmail.com [smtp.smarthost1.com]

It then sends all emails (From all domains, not just domain1.com) through the smart host. Which makes sense.

Is there a way to prioritise sender_dependent_relayhost_maps over transportmaps?

Or, is there a way to specify destination domain in sender_dependent_relayhost_maps?

4. till

I haven't done the setup that you try to achieve yet so I fear that I can't help you with that. But maybe someone else here is able to help you, e.g. @florian030.

5. Alexander Foti

Many thanks, I will wait in hope!
    The only reason I want to limit is, is that the smarthost charge a lot, and so routing all emails from one domain through it is very costly.

6. till

7. Alexander Foti

Thanks Till

I have submitted that form a few times and nothing changed.

I have DKIM and SPF setup correctly on all the domains on this new server as well. Its very frustrating.

8. till

Any option to request a second IP address from your data center for the server or as an alternative, use a small vm for a few dollar a month and relay through that system?

9. Alexander Foti

I could but MS blacklisted this IP within about 5 days of me provisioning this server. There is nothing to say they wouldn't do the same with a new IP/relay. Its a lot of work to setup stuff and to have them just say "we have blacklisted your stuff but wont tel you why" makes it very difficult to resolve.