ISPConfig Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Ballistic509, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Ballistic509

Ballistic509 New Member

I've used ISPConfig 2 in the past, but switched to ISPCP as it's customization was kind of easy, as in changing images and specific text, etc...

Now that I'm gathering more systems and want to have a permanent setup and actually start to sell hosting, I want to know how simple it is to implement more servers (physical boxes) to a current setup. Also, I'm curious about main features over ISPConfig 2 AND ISPCP (if known).

Why would ISPConfig 3 benefit me over another setup of the same? Finally, I know Debian is basically one of the best server distros out there, BUT can Ubuntu Server be just the same with ISPConfig?

I've got to do my research before I set foot in one permanent solution.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3 allows you to manage multiple servers from one controlpanel as needed for a professional ISP, e.g. 5 webservers, 2 mailservers, 2 DNS Servers and 2 database servers. Additionally, ISPConfig 3 is very easy extendable, themeble and has a remote API which allows the integration into other software or CMS systems.

Debian is a better solution for servers then Ubuntu in my opinion.

3. Ballistic509

Ballistic509 New Member

Thank you for your reply.

I hope other people also have input :D

4. Ballistic509

Ballistic509 New Member

I just used a couple installs of ISPConfig 3 and setup a multiple server environment in a VM (2 separate machines) and all in all it was pretty easy to implement a second server. I guess another test of mine will be that I will try a server as a standalone server, meaning i'll add in a system that only supports just mail and see what happens. I suppose I just don't tell it to configure anything else except for mail in ISPConfig setup?

5. Ballistic509

Ballistic509 New Member

Sorry for the multi post, but it's better than adding multiple threads.

I think ISPConfig 3 will be my panel for sure. I have so far had 2 servers running setup using separate boxes, I have used Proxmox and setup a third server, and I have used just a stand alone. So far so good AND simple.