ISPConfig Remote API - 403 access forbidden by rule

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Alan de Almeida, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Alan de Almeida

Alan de Almeida New Member

Hello guys,

I have a fresh install of ISPConfig and I've been getting the following message when I try to access the install API:

2022/07/18 13:55:20 [error] 179781#179781: *1339 access forbidden by rule, client: [REQUEST IP], server: [SERVER] request: "POST /remote/json.php?login HTTP/1.1", host: "[HOST]"

I looked for something similar and the only information I found was that it was some NGINX configuration, but I didn't find anything different there. Has anyone ever experienced this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I have not come across that error yet. Did you add anything to the ISPconfig setup like additional rules or a waf system like modescurity for nginx?

3. Alan de Almeida

The only change I made to the nginx file was to uncomment the phpmyadmin and squirrelmail lines to be able to access the default port as well. I used certbot to generate the ssl certificate for the panel but, even so, I didn't notice any additional rules in the file, besides the ones added by letsencrypt.

I was wondering if it could be some firewall rule, but the ports are also open...

4. Alan de Almeida

This error was happening because curl from another script was making a request on the wrong port of ISPConfig.