ISPConfig Roadmap

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Jul 31, 2005.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This post is meant as a starting point for discussing a roadmap for
    the next ISPconfig versions.

my Ideas are :)

Features for 2.x

- SPF support in DNS manager Done!
    - Traffic quotas for resellers and sites Done!
    - email address blacklisting on a per user basis
    - UPDATES: compile httpd and clamav only if the version is newer then the curently installed version.
    - Managing cronjobs in the webinteface.
    - releasing the visual formdesigner for the interface (50% are already translated to english) Done!

Features for later versions:

- Mailing list management
    - FreeBSD Support again (older versions of ISPConfig have supported FreeBSD 5.0 and 5.1)
    - spread services on multiple servers and support for multiple servers per controlpanel
    - Support for other linux distributions (e.g. Gentoo, Slackware) Maintainers and Testers for these Distros needed!)
    - Support for djbdns
    - chrooted SSH

Please feel free to comment my thoughts and post your ideas here.

Till

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Another feature for 2.1.0:

Better support for custom entries in the config files (this is already implemented for some files, e.g. /etc/postfix/local-host-names, /etc/postfix/virtusertable, named.conf, etc., but it would be nice to have something like that also in the procmail recipes, etc... :) )

3. falko

We should add this idea from Tribal-Dolphin to our roadmap:

4. maxx

maxx ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Antispam features.

I have been using Clarkconnect firewall server (clarkconnect.org) and it has features like Spamassassin. You can import your mails from other mail server and then do spam check to your mails.

From there I got this idea marking spam for ISP config.

Ill explain it here and add picture from clarkconnect's spam interface.

Take a look at picture included.

There is a "Quarantine - Score" where you can choose scores.
    what is low, medium, high or very high spam.

Then you choose actions for that.

if its low, low - medium, medium - high, - high - very high or very high - choose an action Discard, save to directory, pass throught or send to admin.

This is very smart for handling spam! when now you can only choose pass or discard. And if you pass and rewrite subject you have to do rules for your mail program for putting everything marked as SPAM to go to a different folder.

I have been using Clarkconnect as my client's firewall and antispam machine and I havent got false positives, when spamassassin says score is over 10 you can surely delete is from server, cause its SPAM for sure. This system will decrease you SPAM mail flow giving it a better management.

- Maxx (I have ideas, no skills of coding :) )

Attached Files:

5. till

PostgreSQL support for the php that comes with ISPConfig (Controlpanel only).

6. falko

Traffic Limits

I've added the traffic limiting stuff to the sources, now I have to test it thoroughly... :)

7. till

Give mailusers the possibility to change thier mail forwarding settings in the mailuser login.