ispconfig + roundcube password change problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sirtcp, Apr 15, 2015.

1. sirtcp

sirtcp New Member

I am very new to ISPconfig. have just installed roundcube which is working fine. every thing is working as expected.
    however i installed roundcube password change plugin. now i am having problem. here is the query.
    $config['password_query'] = 'UPDATE users SET preferences=ENCRYPT(%p,CONCAT(_utf8\'$5$\',RIGHT(MD5(RAND()),8),_utf8\'$\')) WHERE username=%u LIMIT 1';

when i create emailbox with ispconfig it creates a password like this "a:1:{s:11:"client_hash";s:32:"ea3164a550X1Xe09d19b8787c4af667d";}" in preferences colums in roundcube database.

now when i try to save the password with above query it save it like this format "$5$c3d26182$W2Hyvlto5uGkZ1.Ie25abrW88KF/ufmcNlhYYfb6Ua4" and ultimately i can not login to the email account.

can you please guide the correct query so that i can make those changes.

Thanks,
    MYK.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Better use the roundcube ispconfig plugin which supports password changes as well (but in the right way trough the ispconfig api) and not the password change plugin (which messes around in the ispconfig database correctly and therefor causes invalid config transactions).

3. sirtcp

sirtcp New Member

Thanks Till, will use it