ISPConfig running on default web server (port 80)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by geek.de.nz, Jun 22, 2006.

1. geek.de.nz

geek.de.nz New Member

I would like to run ISPConfig on the default web server port together with the normal web server (Apache). Is that possible? Does it mean a security threat because ISPConfig adds users etc, so any web app could add users etc?

Shouldn't there be a way to let apache run as a different user in case of ISPConfig with a Virtual Host directive or something?

I want to save resources by running just one web-server because my system runs on a vserver with limited memory and I've got quite a few other servers running, which I don't want to turn off. ISPConfig is not used at the moment, because I've got no commercial clients.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Only if you have two IP addresses. Then you can use one IP address for your main Apache and the other one for ISPConfig.

I've never tried this, and I don't recommend it. The purpose of having two separate Apaches is that if your main Apache goes down, you can still access ISPConfig and try to fix things.

3. vinodadhikary

vinodadhikary New Member

I have two IPs. I also posted a new thread but no replies so far. Falko, you seem to be the guru of ispconfig. Can you help me with this. I have two public ips and I want to run ispconfig in one and apache in other.

Thank you

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer