ISPConfig server behind IPCop

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by sonoffett, Aug 13, 2006.

1. sonoffett

sonoffett New Member

Hey guys,

First off, thank you for helping me in the past I got my ISPConfig up and running flawlessly and have been using the past few months. I'm not sure how familiar you are with IPCop but I thought I might as well ask.

Now I've setup IPCop with copfilter (xx.xx.13.131) and everything works perfectly on the Green interface but I want to move my ISPConfig servers (xx.xx.13.132) into the Orange. Only problem is I'm not sure how the /etc/network/interfaces should be set up because it doesn't work as it did outside of the firewall. Do I need to use aliasing? Should I assign the server (xx.xx.13.131) a static internal address (192.168.2.x)? When I turn aliasing on for xx.xx.13.131 I can ping it but the server can't ping the outside world.

Once again, thank you so much for your help and contribution to the community.

-Sam

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  2. hkaiser

hkaiser Member

Ip Cop

Hi,

I worked a lot with IPcop in former times. Be sure to have three interfaces and then install the whole thing new, else you will sit a lot of time to change many scripts.

hkaiser

3. hkaiser

hkaiser Member

Ipcop

One thing to add, if you kick your server to the orange zone(DMZ), the server has to have a public ip! Also IPCOP has to have an public ip or you can transport an external subnet over an private subnet. But I think for this task you should use a real router an firewall and not ipcop!

hkaiser

4. Svenna

Svenna New Member

Hi
    I am currently running my ISPConfig server on IPCop's orange (dmz), and it's working like a charm!
    Some mods had to be done to get there, but nothing big.
    As said by hkaiser, you should get three network cards, and then reinstall IPCop.
    Remember to assign different subnets to green and orange.
    Now you have to assign a static internal ip to the ISPConfig box, matching the orange subnet.
    When this is done, you should be able to ping the outside world from your server.
    The next step is to port forward the ports you are using on your server (25,80,143, and so on) to the servers ip.
    The one thing to remember is that both IPCop and ISPConfig are using port 81 as their adminport.
    What I did was to change the default port on the ISPConfig server, following this thread:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157
    Also remember to change the ip to your domains from 64.124.13.132 to 64.124.13.131 at your domain registrar.
    The same goes for the dns entrys on your ISPConfig box.
    Good luck!

Svenna

5. sonoffett

sonoffett New Member

Thanks for the reply guys! I'll start working on it and get back to you.