ISPConfig service starting error,please help~~

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by rosa hsiao, Oct 20, 2005.

1. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

I just finished setting up Fedora 3 withthe "How To" and all seems fine, except....

After finishing all the apt & ISPConfig setup, I came across the following problem when rebooting the system again:

The screen was stuck at the following position while starting finishing ISPConfig service:

...............[OK]
    Httpd: cannot find qualified servername,use 127.0.0.1 as servername.
    ...............[OK]
    enabling Swap space [OK]

(The cursor kept blinking here.)

Can anyone give me some hints as how to solve the problem without reinstalling the system or ISPConfig again?

Rosa

2. AngelDrago

AngelDrago Member

I almost don't have the same problems as above but my services are not starting up at all and this is know the 3rd time i have re-installed Suse 10.0 i have been doing this with suse 10.0 and ISPConfig 2.1.0... i have manualy restarted the ispconfig (/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server start) :eek: and i could access the Admin panel and checked the service area and guess what i do not have ftp and pop3 services are failing :eek: :confused:

i noticed that it creates an account in linux ( admispconfig ) :confused: any ideas on why the services are not starting up at all...

Peace
    AngelDrago

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  3. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

My problem is:
    The screen was stuck at the "enabling Swap space...[OK]" position while rebooting the Fedora system. ie, I don't have the chance to login to Fedora's GUI Screen and manually restart the ISPConfig settings via command line.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you have a look at the log files (e.g. /var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog)?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Hm... :confused: You could use a Linux rescue CD (e.g. Knoppix) and try to repair the system.

6. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

ISPConfig service starting erro,please help~~

Thanks for your advice. I have reinstalled the Fedora system,the problem is solved and I am able to log on to the system again.