ISPConfig slow on external access

Discussion in 'General' started by mphayesuk, Nov 14, 2005.

1. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi looking at ISPConfig from my internal network is quick and no errors....

When looking at it from the outside world its very slow.... it works but is very slow and there are some errors on the page... especially the menu on the left... there is a message but its in german and I cant select the text to include with this message.

Has anyone any ideas...

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yep sorry my mistake... all working fine again

4. rlhesson

rlhesson Guest

I am also having the problem of ISPconfig being EXTREMELY slow when connected externally. I looked here :http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534 but that refers to ISPConfig being slow when accessed internally. My problem is from external. Any ideas?

5. fobicodam

fobicodam ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Is the hostname/domain you enter when installing registered on DNS and pointing to your external IP address?

6. rlhesson

rlhesson Guest

Yup, sure is.

7. rlhesson

rlhesson Guest

The address is right in the ispconfig config file. I have a domain Im hosting 4 domains on it right now. The sites are super fast, but ISPConfig is super slow from external connection. Any more ideas?

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do the images in the upper corners of the forms in ISPConfig show up correctly? Please check that the domain of the image URL of these images is really set correctly in DNS.