ISPConfig SSL certificate

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex M, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Alex M

Alex M Member

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask you, someone can explain to me how to install an SSL certificate for the ISPConfig panel. Thanks

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Run
    Code:
    ispconfig_update.sh --force
    and let it recreate a SSL cert.

3. Alex M

Alex M Member

Ok I did it but the problem is that it keeps giving it to me as an unsafe certificate, what should I do? Do I need to upload my own? Thanks

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did the certificate fail to issue during the update? Or maybe you're using a different hostname than the server name? There is a letsencrypt troubleshooting faq you might check, which ends with "check the logs" if other things you check/try don't resolve it.

5. Alex M

Alex M Member

I don't know, then the certificate issued for the sites works and is recognized as secure, while when I log in with https: // address: 8080 it tells me that the certificate is not secure. How should I do?

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

7. Alex M

Alex M Member

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See post #2 in this thread. And choose nightly build for the version you like to update to and during update, choose to recreate the SSL cert when the updater asks.

9. Alex M

Alex M Member

But the problem is that on the ISPConfig panel the certificate is there but the borwser does not give it to me as a secure certificate. While for sites, yes. How should I do? Thanks

10. till

Read post #2, @Th0m instructed you already what you should do to solve your problem. And I gave some additional info.

So the next step is, do what we suggested to you.

11. Alex M

Alex M Member

I have already done that but nothing has changed. It always gives it to me as an unsafe certificate

12. till

And you have chosen nightly build and not stable build as I mentioned in my post? It won't work if you choose stable build. Post the complete output of the update process that you got on the screen.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  13. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

When I asked you:
    I meant you should in browser click the lock icon on address bar and see what it says about the certificate. What addresses is it for and when was it issued? This is to verify panel uses the certificate it is meant to use.

14. Alex M

Alex M Member

Ok now I put build nightly like you told me, but the result is always the same that the certificate is not secure. How should I do? Thanks

15. till

Please see my post above, I'll cite it again:

"Post the complete output of the update process that you got on the screen."

16. till

And post the output of the command:

hostname -f

and let us know the exact URL that you use to connect to the ISPConfig GUI.

17. Alex M

Alex M Member

That is, do I have to publish everything that comes out of me by launching this command including what I put next?

18. Alex M

Alex M Member

What I get out with this command is the name of the server webserver.dominio.it

19. till

Ok, and you access the ISPConfig control panel with:

https:// webserver.dominio.it : 8080

(without the white spaces of course)

20. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, copy and paste the output. For formatting in the forums here, paste the output into a code block.