ISPConfig stats Folder if Docroot is changed

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tilman, Jul 29, 2023.

1. tilman

tilman Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    I configure a website to point to a different docroot because of the installed CMS´s folder structure.
    How can I access the stats folder (e.g. website.tld/stats), which is still located below the original default docroot?
    /Tilman

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can e.g. try creating a symlink to the stats folder from within your new docroot.

3. tilman

Nope, didn´t do the trick. I am getting a 403 when trying to access the symlinked folder.

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In the Apache directives:
    Code:
    DocumentRoot "{DOCROOT_CLIENT}/example-1.1.3/"
    Alias "/stats" "{DOCROOT_CLIENT}/stats"

tilman and till like this.
  5. tilman

@Th0m,
    you nailed it. Adding the apache directive did the trick.
    Thks.
    Tilman

Th0m likes this.
  6. vistree

vistree Member HowtoForge Supporter

Sorry for reopening this discussion.
    I have Drupal 10 installed on most of my systems and I can‘t enable access to webalizer stats
    - password for user admin set in website config
    - Alias "/stats" "{DOCROOT_CLIENT}/stats" set in custom apache derictive within website settings
    - docroot is set to /cms/docroot within website redirect tab (with „no flag“ set)
    Trying to open /stats or /stats/index.html I still get a page not found from Drupal system
    Drupal has an htaccess within its webroot folder
    Any idea?

7. till

That's a redirect and not a changed docroot. A docroot change is what @Th0m mentioned in #4. You set the new docroot via apache directives tab. What you can try is to remove your redirect and change the docroot instead.

8. vistree

Hi Till, thanx for your reply. But, why do I need to change also the docroot in apache derictive? Isn‘t using the stats one enough?
    I though, that that one acts like an alias??

9. till

Currently, you have not changed the docroot. The redirect tab is for redirects only, you can not change the docroot there, what you added there is an Apache redirect; you have not changed the doc root of this website.

10. vistree

Thanks Till,
    I tried removing my redirect and using the apache derictive instead. This way I can reach the stats