ISPConfig stopped working after update

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wxman, Apr 24, 2009.

1. wxman

wxman New Member

I ran aptitude update then aptitude safe-upgrade on a new server I'm building, and completely lost ISPConfig. I can't get Apache to start anymore either from the command line. When I try I get:
    Code:
    [error] VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results

I found one post here showing this error, http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31803. Till's response is to edit the "apache default host file". Where is the apache default host file on an ISPConfig 3 install, and what needs to be changed?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This error is uncritical and can be ignored.

Which error message do you get when you start apache?

3. wxman

wxman New Member

I actually just got Apache to start a few minutes ago - don't ask me how!
    I'm running them on Xen virtual servers, and I'm still getting the bugs out. I've never used virtual before now. When I do /etc/init.d/apache2 restart, it gves me that same error twice:
    Code:
     * Restarting web server apache2                                                                                          [Fri Apr 24 14:30:48 2009] [error] VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results
    [Fri Apr 24 14:30:58 2009] [error] VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results

In a related question. Should I have installed ISPConfig 3 using the expert install in the second server? I'm running two physical machines, both having two virtual ones running HAProxy/heartbeat in one, and ISPConfig3/Apache in the other. I'll be using a bridge and crossover to do replication and rsync.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009