ISPConfig "subdomain" problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kisong, Oct 17, 2005.

1. kisong

kisong New Member

I'm setting up a server on mail.knifecenter.com.

The purpose is to have a mail server for all mail coming to knifecenter.com (ie. [email protected], [email protected], etc.)

However, because the server is on mail.knifecenter.com, it looks like the mail that is routed to mail.knifecenter.com needs to be addressed to mail.knifecenter.com

Is there a way to route knifecenter.com mail to this server as well?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must create an MX record for knifecenter.com that points to mail.kifecenter.com. Then you have to tell Postfix on mail.knifecenter.com that it should receive mails forknifecenter.com. If you have installed ISPConfig on mail.knifecenter.com, you can do this by simply creating a web site in ISPConfig for knifecenter.com.

3. kisong

kisong New Member

Will this conflict with the fact that our knifecenter.com domain is on a different server altogether?

4. falko

No, you can host knifecenter.com on another server.

5. gluki

gluki New Member

Sub domain with ISPConfig

If it's possible to manage subdomain (sub.domain.xxx) in currently managed domain (domain.xxx) or not???

Clearly question and no one (forums, google, howto) can give clearly answer.
    ANYBODY can help!!!:confused:

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sure you can manage subdomains in ISPConfiug, they are named co-domains and you can add them on the co-domain tab of the website settings.

This is a completely different question then the question you asked in the first post of this thread.

7. gabrielcz

gabrielcz New Member

subdomains www.domain.com/subdomain

I want to know if it possible to do something like this:

I know, how to make: www.domain.com and I know how to make subdomain.www.domain.com I do that whith co-domains option.

The question is...
    How to make www.domain.com/subdomain ?

www.domain.com/subdomain MUST have DIFFERNTE configuration than www.domain.com

It´s my question clear? Sorry, I don´t speak english! :)

PS: the problem off all this, it´s that ISPCONFIG it´s not used for DNS we have another DNS servers and the departament not want to add new dns records for every new sites we add to isoconfig.

Any clue?

thanks, regards.

PS2: We use ispconfig 2.

8. falko

You can use the Apache directives field in ISPConfig to add your own directives.