ISPConfig subdomain SOLVED: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Petar, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Petar

Petar Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear colleagues
    I've finally had the time and the need to tinker with a problem when trying to add a subdomain and had this error in apache logs:
    Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error
    I noticed that it happens nearly always when putting a Drupal or other Composer managed site.
    Those Composer managed projects are always working in a subfolder where the main data is and then a web folder where the website is.
    For it to work as expected we have been using the Sites>website>Options>Apache Directives>DocumentRoot setting for the WEB subfolder to be the document root.
    In those situations we have been having constant problems putting a subdomain in ISPC,
    because we have been setting subdomains folder and "Redirect Path" relatively to the root web folder of the main website.

TLDR;
    The tested working solution is to move the subdomain folder to be subfolder of the DocumentRoot folder, set in the options of the main website domain (Sites>website>Options>Apache Directives>DocumentRoot) and the setting of the Redirect Path in ISPC subdomain to be relative of the same path, so:

THE SOLUTION
    ISPC Sites>website>Options>Apache Directives>DocumentRoot:
    DocumentRoot "/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/project/web"

mkdir -p /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/project/web/subdomain

ISPC Sites>Subdomain for website > Redirect Path:/subdomain/

I home that somebody will find this useful...