ISPConfig two servers.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Artanis, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Artanis

Artanis New Member

Here is my current setup.

Box1 - Hosted in Australia, currently running full ISPConfig3 installation running all servers

Box2 - Clean install of debian.

This is what I want to setup

Box1 - Hoted in Australia, Running DNS, apache, mysqld as a slave of box2

Box2 - Hosted in US, runnig a full ISPconfig3 installtion as a master.

From what i've heard ISPconfig allows me to setup my box's in this manner and all changes can be made via the box2 webui but be applied to box1 where applicable (i.e. DNS entries/apache entries on that server etc).

I can't find that much information relating to multi-server setups in ispconfig3. I was hoping that some fellow users would be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance. ;)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Install Box 2 first in standard setup mode. Then install box 1, select expert mode and then select to join the first server when asked by the installer.

3. Master One

Master One New Member

I was thinking about a two-server-setup as well. One rootserver at a hosting company, and our own gateway-firewall-server connected to a DSL, both machines should offer all supported services.

Does it make sense, to implement such a master/slave setup, if all services are running on both machines, or is it better to just do two full ISPConfig 3 setups?

Where can I find more info on the multi-server-capabilities of ISPConfig 3?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats up to you. If you want to use just one controlpanel, make a master slave setup. If you want to have two controlpanel logins, then install two independant servers.

Currently there is no additional documentation available.