ISPConfig UI issues

Discussion in 'General' started by akira1310, Feb 18, 2016.

1. akira1310

akira1310 New Member

Hi all,
    Firstly, I'm not expert but I have been running a home server for a good few years now (Owncloud/Emails/Website/IPTV/Plex).
    I had a MYSQL database failure last week (Wife turned the power off to the server by mistake) and had to do a full rebuild. Playing about with MYSQL is way out of scope for me at the moment.

When I first installed ISPConfig 3 everything worked fine, I logged in fine, created a client, website and mail accounts for the family. All worked well. Five days later I logged into the UI to create another email account and found that half the menu options didn't work any more. If I select "Emails" for example, I get the spinning wheel for half a second and the page doesn't change. I haven't made any changes to the set up since I first set up my email accounts etc so I don't understand what has gone wrong. I have tried different browsers and machines, reinstalled ISPConfig, even installed version 3.1a1 and the same thing happens. Any help would be much appreciated.

Stuff installed: Ubuntu 15.10 - Apache2 - MYSQL - MariaDB -ISPConfig 3 - Owncloud - Plexmediaserver - Transmission - TVHeadend

Thanks

Akira

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you added an alias for webmail in apache with the name /mail, but this alias has to be /webmail. Please search this alias that you added, change it from /mail back to /webmail and restart apache.

3. akira1310

akira1310 New Member

Hi Thanks for your response. I did add an aliase for /mail. Would this effect the ISPConfig UI? I will change it back and see if it helps. Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

An alias will redirect requests to folders with its name in all websites (vhosts ) of a server, so you can not use a name as alias that is used as folder in any installed web based software. The ispconfig mail module is in the folder "mail", so your alias redirects currently all requests for ispconfig to the webmail application, that's why the ispconfig installation instructions tell you to use /webmail and not /mail as webmail alias.

5. akira1310

akira1310 New Member

I'm a happy chappie - it worked. Thanks for your help and taking the time to explain your answer it's much appreciated.

Regards