ISPConfig update via ispconfig_update.sh and the SSL certificate reissue

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by curiousadmin, Jul 2, 2021.

1. curiousadmin

curiousadmin Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello Community,
    I was wondering when I do:
    Code:
    #ispconfig_update.sh
    It prompts towards:
    If ISPConfig had previously self-signed certificate (due to LE issuance failure on initial setup), would answering YES to this attempt again to issue a LE certificate?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes

3. curiousadmin

I just tried to re-run the script (ispconfig_update.sh --force) but it fails and logs nothing into: /root/.acme.sh/acme.sh.log
    (as per LE FAQ: https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/lets-encrypt-error-faq.74179/ )
    The output:
    I removed the string in [removed]-[removed] and masked the time.

The contents of root@server1:~/.acme.sh# ls
    There is DNS record to server1.example.com and it has been active for months.

It's a clean installation done today using "Perfect Server Automated ISPConfig 3 Installation on Debian 10 and Ubuntu 20.04", in my case it was Ubuntu 20.04. The previous installation on this server was running Debian 9 (which was wiped clean). I was previously using self-signed certificate so there should not be a collision.

Any ideas what to check next?

Thank you very much in advance.

4. curiousadmin

I really would like to solve this - anyone any ideas how to fix this or at least debug this?

5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

There should be installer log as well. Are your server in any way behind a router?

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

The error you posted is:
    That means the letsencrypt servers cannot connect to your server on port 80 to verify the request; ensure you have a web server listening on port 80, and check firewalls (and if relevant, port forwards).