ispconfig updates realtime?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by bobpit, Jan 25, 2014.

1. bobpit

bobpit Member

Ispconfig screens are updated realtime, or at least do they display the most current information when you first visit them? Or do I have to logout/login to have latest info?

I think it is the later of the 3.

I go to Monitor -> Server Load. It reports "Number of users : 0". I login to the server with ssh. I run UPTIME, it shows 1 user (me). ispconfig would only show the correct value AFTER I exited and logged it again.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

good question... I never wondered myself because I only login to ISPC if I need to add/alter something or if there's a problem :)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You dont have to logout / login again, this has no influence on the info that you see. Changes get writen to disk once a minute. If you like to see which jobs have not been processed yet, then take a look at the jobqueue in the ispconfig monitor.

Monitor data gets updated once every 5 minutes.you can see on each monitor page, when the data that you see has been updated. Updating in realtime wont work in a multiserver system where you may have ten or a hunderd servers in one controlpanel. Additionally, the interface runs under a non priviliged user, so it wont even be able to show system info that requires root permissions to show it in realtime.