ISPconfig upgrade to latest version with Debian 8?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Steinbruch, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Steinbruch

Steinbruch Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    our ISPconfig setup still is on 3.1.15p3 - I would want to upgrade to the latest version, but our setup still has 6 machines running Debian 8.11 which is not among the system requirements listed on the website.
    Can somebody please confirm if there is a chance of applying the upgrade to 3.2.8p2 without prior upgrade of the Debian 8 machines? Some of them have older software installed that is likely to break when upgrading to Debian 9 or higher - there are plans to replace them in the near future but I wouldn't want to hold back on upgrading ISPconfig for that long.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We have not tested recent ISPConfig versions on Debian 8, that's why it is not listed as a compatible OS. But I guess it should still work.

3. Steinbruch

Steinbruch Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hmm not quite taking my headaches out of the equation I guess ;) but if you say it _should_ I take it as "there are no obvious reasons why it shouldn't" - I'll give it a try, worst case I'll have a couple of OS upgrades coming my way...
    Thanks.

Th0m likes this.