ISPConfig Webfarm/LB Ready?

Discussion in 'General' started by BenHD, Apr 11, 2010.

1. BenHD

BenHD New Member

Hi ISPConfig Community,

I just found ISPConfig, fist of all thanks a lot to everyone how devoted his/her knowledge/long hours/passion to this awesome Project.

My only Question so far is if ISPConfig is able to manage my Webfarm. 6 Webservers Servers holding around 400 Domains. So far I've "only" seen ISPConfig beeing able to switch certain FQDNs to certain Servers, I need every server to serve every Request when the Loadbalancer sends a Request to a Webserver.
    I want one Administrativ Interface to manage all of the Domains.

Thanks a lot,

Ben

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is able to do mirroring as well since version 3.0.2. You have to use some kind of betwork storage for the directory /var/www that is accessible from all servers like a nfs share, a SAN or a share of a cluster filesystem like glusterfs (see howtos about glusterfs here on howtoforge. Install one server as the master server and all others as slaves, only the master server has a ispconfig interface, then login to ispconfig on the master server, go to the server settings and select for all slave servers the master server in the "is mirror of" option field to tell ispconfig that it shall mirror the website settings to all servers.