ISPConfig wiki site sabotaged repeatedly

Discussion in 'General' started by Azathoth, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Azathoth

Azathoth New Member

As I tried to access the wiki site at http://www.howtoforge.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page today I noticed that there were no links on the main page pointing to other parts of the wiki. Looking at the current content of the main page reveals that someone has entered external links to ad sites and removed everything else.

Judging from the history of the main wiki page, the last good version of it is from December 2. After that the first few edits added HTML code to the page which pointed to external ad sites. Then the last three edits added the current contens and removed anything else.

Looking at recent changes to the wiki site shows that a lot of wiki pages are affected by this. Someone has altered them to add ad links and remove other contents.

Shouldn't the wiki site be more protected than this? Although a wiki is perfect for community contributions most people running wiki sites have learnt the hard way that they should require users to login before they are allowed to make changes.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Thanks for the message!

I've just sent Till an email, he will try to recreate the last working version and protect the Wiki from these attacks.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hello,

the wiki is now cleaned and Login is required to edit pages.