ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Chaos, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Chaos

Chaos New Member

I just followed the ubuntu server config. and when i goto https://myserver:81 it worked the first time and i went to check the settings like it says and it now gives me this error after i log in

Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 76

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 76

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:76) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 56

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please restart your mysql server and try to login again:

/etc/init.d/mysql restart

3. Chaos

Chaos New Member

Ok I did that, dunno if it fixed it or if a couple of days some how fixed it. Anywho, I log in and I can get in. But when i click on the server settings tab is freezes up again. and now when i like click anything it freezes. Any sugestions on what i need to do or look at?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check that you have the correct URL in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php and the correct ServerName in /root/ispconfig/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and restart ISPConfig afterwards:
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart

5. Chaos

Chaos New Member

I found the url and changed it to just straight up comp IP for now. And as for the servername is was quoted out so i left it and still seems slow and buggy. freezes cant do anything

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which IP do you use? Are you connecting from within your LAN or from the outside?

7. Chaos

Chaos New Member

at the moment i am connecting localy, 192.168.202.58 i believe

8. till

9. Chaos

Chaos New Member

awesome, yeah seems to be super fast now. question: why did that fix it? just like a useless algorithm or if command bogging it down?

10. till

The problem was, that the URL to the controlpanel was incorrect and your browser tred to load images from an unreachable location. This slowed everything down.

There has been some code introduced in the latest release (the lines you removed) that autodetects the URL. But this gos wrong in some cases and causes the problem that you encountered. We are working on a better implementation of the autodetection and the best workaround for ISPConfig 2.2.0 is to remove it like i described in the other thread.