ISPConfig2 to ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Jujen, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Jujen

Jujen New Member

Hi guys..

I know that you answered this question for million times , but I am using ISPConfig 2 on Debian .... And I cant wait to upgrade my system to ISPConfig 3...

I know the basic systems are totally different from each other but at least can you please provide us a step by step list for backing up for the necessary files ( users , mail accounts , website , mysql files ... ) from ISPConfig 2 ... So we can make a clean install for ISPConfig 3 and then another list which explains how to re-install those backups to ISPConfig 3...

I have a production server and everything works perfect but I am so scared to brake something ... I am totally happy with my server but , I cant help myself to use the newly fresh ISPConfig 3 which looks totally amazing....

Thanx

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I can only recommend that you stay with your ISPonfig 2 installation. there is no way of a clean update or migration at the moment and I will not migrate one of my own ispconfig 2 servers to ispconfig 3 at the moment, I use ispconfig 3 only for new systems or when I have to migrate a site from a old machine to a new one I prefer to create the new site on one of the ispconfig 3 servers.

3. Jujen

Jujen New Member

thanx Till for you answer ... As you are the moderator , perhaps you should know ... Is there any future plan for such a thing ?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I have written most of ISPConfig 3, so I know it :)

A direct migration is technically not possible, I explained that already. We might add some kind of settings import wizard in later version of ispconfig 3.

5. Jujen

Jujen New Member

thanx Till ... keep up the good work ..app. it... :)

6. matrixn

matrixn New Member

any news about an import script to migrate the websites , users and dns data from ispconfig2 to ispconfig3 ?

I think that many, many ppls who is using isp2 think that this tool will be the "most wanted".

Me personally i have a server with 50+ websites... and .. god knows how many users... and i will be glad if such a tool will be made cause i like the isp3 it provides more flexible programming....