ISPConfig3 and session garbage collect

Discussion in 'General' started by Norman, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

Anyone have an idea how ispconfig 3 handles the php session garbage collect?

I've checked the /etc/cron.d/php5 after a fresh install of ispconfig 3 and also compared to an installation where the session files keep building up .

But I dont see ispconfig 3 changing this cron entry.
    Is there a separate cron entry?

If this is not the fault, are there any other cause of this issue I can try to look at?

One of my customers use ispconfig 3 and the session files had built up to roughly 15million inside /var/www/domain.ext/tmp and exhausted all inode entries in one directory tree.

Any ideas?

Linux debian 32bit
    ISPConfig-3.0.1.6

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  2. Norman

Bumpity.

Changed the session store directory and added a manual entry to /etc/cron.d/php5 with the maxlife cleanup scriot.

This seems to have solved the issue, but that means the problem is still under ispconfig generated tmp/ directories.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig does not use /etc/cron.d/php5, it uses its own cron_daily.php script. Thaere was a bug with the deletion of sessions which had been fixed in 3.0.1.2.

4. Norman

Thank you :)
    Ispconfig3 upgraded on that system, will try if this works properly now.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We did some further modifications in this area, so in case ther is still an issue on your system, you can try the attached cron_daily.php file (in the zip) and copy it to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/

Attached Files: