ISPConfig3 and user databases

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by aristotlejones, Jan 11, 2012.

1. aristotlejones

aristotlejones New Member

I have a user working in the ISPConfig3 system, based on the setup found here. He has created a database according to the manual. However I, when logged into phpmyadmin cannot see the database, and none of the credentials of the user, either the ipconfig3 login, nor the database user he created, will log into phpmyadmin.

To follow up, it doesn't appear that ispconfig3 is creating any database users, or databases when logged in as this client account, and on further inspection databases created in ispconfig3 as root are no longer being created.

One more note, at the bottom of phpmyadmin, when logged in as root, it says "The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated"

I did change the root password to mysql the other day, could this have messed things up?

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely the mysql root password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf is not set correctly so that ISPConfig can not create databases and users.

3. aristotlejones

aristotlejones New Member

Snapshots are awesome, I rolled it back to right before the password change, then took a look at that password in the config file. Turns out I was mistyping it and there was no need to change it in the first place.

thanks for the quick reply!