ISPConfig3 - Autoresponder unreliable in Lenny

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Tezux, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Tezux

Tezux New Member

The Perfect Server including ISPConfig3 installed on Debian Lenny 5.0

The Autoresponder has a Bug, if you set it up it will autorespond the first time someone emails the address I have the autoresponder setup for, then after that the autoresponder no longer works. To get it to work you have to log in to ISPConfig3 again and disable it and then click SAVE and enable it again and then SAVE again and then it will work again but after the next time it stops working again. I saw this also reported on Bug Tracker but the bug report was closed by Administrator because it said the bug had been fixed. How do I fix it and where is the Bug Fix? Thanks to anyone who can help

ISPConfig3 is great and so is the How To. After this bug is solved it will be perfect for me.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I guess this is how it is supposed to be - an autoresponder is sent to the same person only once.

3. Tezux

Tezux New Member

Really? Wow I never knew that, I always thought if you tried to reply to an Autoresponder it would reply again and again. Thank You for that Falko, I just learnt something new.
    So how does that work exactly? I mean for example, if i sent an email to my mail server now and it replied with an autoresponder, does this mean if I wait for another week and send an email again it wont reply to me because its already replied once? There must be a time log or something right? Would be great if you could explain to me how that works so I know for future reference, thanks very much for your help.:)

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'm not familiar with the ISPConfig 3 autoresponder, but basically it works like this, right. I don't know how long you must wait, but what I know is that whenever you recreate/modify an autoresponder, the counter is reset, so a new message will be sent out.

5. Tezux

Tezux New Member

Ahhh well thats also useful to know, thanks so much for helping me Falko, your help is so appreciated, your the best, thanks