ispconfig3 bug: client cannot modify web settings

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ignasigarcia, Mar 6, 2009.

1. ignasigarcia

ignasigarcia New Member

Hi, I have several test installations of ispconfig all running fine. Yesterday, though, I did a new one. I noticed some changes in comparison with the others (from 2 weeks ago, like /var/www/clients instead of /var/clients, etc). I also noticed a possible bug:

admin can create and modify web site settings in ispconfig panel. However, client can create the web site entry, but after that, future changes (size, php type, auto-subdomain) are not applied. Client can delete the web site though. Using the admin account I have deleted all related entries, even the client has been deleted. After recreating everything the problem reappears. Looks like the web site form might have a problem updating data to the database when being used as a client (again, as admin everything works fine)

Any ideas?

Ignacio

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats not a bug, its the intended behaviour. Clients shall not be able to edit the settings of a website that a administrator created because this would allow them to extend their website quota etc. If a client created the website itself then he can change the settings of course.

3. ignasigarcia

ignasigarcia New Member

that's a great idea, but in this case it is the client who has created the web site, not the admin.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can post a bug report in the bugtracker if you want that we check it.

5. ignasigarcia

ignasigarcia New Member

Great. I just did it.

Thanks

Ignacio